QiiQ assures that all personal information collected shall be used or disclosed only for the purposes for which it was collected.
3. Data Collected
QiiQ collects and holds personal data of customers and staff for various purposes. The data collected includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- full name
- date of birth
- contact details (mobile numbers, landline numbers, addresses, fax numbers and email addresses)
- identity document number eg. NRIC / FIN number, passport number
- bank account and payment details / transaction history
- biodata: behaviour, gender, marital status, ethnic group, special educational need
- any relevant medical information
- photographs / video material.
4. Purpose of Use
Generally, QiiQ collects personal data in order to fulfil the following purposes:
- to respond and process enquiries on seminars, programmes, registration and admission matters and activities
- to give information about events, activities, programmes, seminars and talks offered by QiiQ
- to give information on the launch of new products and services introduced by QiiQ
- to relate promotional offers relating to the programmes and events at our Centre
- to facilitate surveys and evaluations
- to provide any updates relating to QiiQ which may be relevant in maintaining or managing our ongoing relationship with you.
5. Sharing Data with Third Parties
QiiQ shares personal data with authorised third parties for the purposes of the third parties providing relevant service to QiiQ. All authorised Third Parties shall sign a contract or a letter of undertaking with QiiQ to ensure that the data is used purely for the intended purpose of providing the required service. All authorised Third Parties shall be required to undertake the appropriate measures to safeguard the data and adhere to the PDPA requirements.
QiiQ shall not use your personal data for reasons not specified in the Purpose of Use unless:
- it is required by law or governmental or judicial authorities of Singapore
- it is necessary to establish and safeguard a legal claim or defence
- it is necessary to prepare, negotiate and perform a contract with you
- it is necessary to prevent illegal activities, e.g. in situations where the safety of a child is concerned.
Children and minors should only use QiiQ’s websites or services with the permission of their parent or guardian. (Except where required by local law, QiiQ will not knowingly collect personal information provided by children and minors.)
7. Data Retention & Removal
QiiQ shall only keep data collected as long as is necessary to provide the services outlined above and in compliance with Singapore’s financial and legal requirements.
8. Accuracy, Access and Correction
QiiQ shall make all reasonable efforts to ensure that personal data collected is current, complete and accurate. You may view, edit and correct the data held by QiiQ. If you wish to access your personal data with QiiQ, you may send a written request to email@example.com.
As part of our security measures, QiiQ staff shall contact you to acknowledge receipt and to carry out the necessary identity verification measures in order to process your request. Where we are informed that data is out of date, we shall make the amendments and, where necessary, confirm that the data has been updated within 30 working days.
9. Withdrawal of Consent
If you wish to opt out of receiving information or a particular mode of contact regarding news and updates on programmes, events, workshops, seminars, talks and other marketing promotional activities organised by us, you may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We shall require a period of 30 working days to update and process your request. Within these 30 working days, you may still receive information from us.
Notwithstanding your withdrawal of consent, you shall receive from QiiQ information, reminders, invoices or notices pertaining to your child(ren)’s classes and other information that is necessary for QiiQ to communicate with you with regards to your child(ren).
10. Data Security
QiiQ shall be responsible for:
- implementing relevant security measures to protect personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure, use or access.
- informing affected individuals about any accidental or unauthorised access of their data which may lead to damage or harm.
If you are aware of any actual or potential breach of security in relation to personal data, please report the breach to email@example.com.
11. IP Address Information & Cookies
When you access our website, we may automatically collect non-personal statistical data about your computer (including your IP address, operating system, browser) for system administration / maintenance purposes to enable us to improve our website, e.g. determine browsing patterns or how visitors use the site. As with most websites, our websites contain “cookies” to improve the online experience. Cookies store some data on your computer to automatically recognise your PC the next time you visit. The data collected does not identify any individual and is entirely anonymous.
12. Information Security
Information provided over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. QiiQ takes a very serious view of the protection of our customers’ data collected through our websites and through our mobile services applications. All reasonable steps shall be taken to protect the data. However, we cannot fully guarantee the security of data submitted electronically and it is therefore provided via these means at the customer’s own risk. Be assured that we shall provide appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect data that is collected on our servers.
13. Links to other websites
14. Updates to the Policy
15. Contact Us